COMSATS Institute of Information Technology Lahore campus employees may connect to the CIIT Lahore Local Area Network (LAN) from home and other remote locations using a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to get the access to digital library service at home.
Initially this service is for COMSATS faculty and staff only.
All the interested users will have to:
- Apply for this service by filling “Request Form for Accessing Digital Library from Home”
- Get its approval from respective HODs/ Incharges and submit it in Network Support Room Block C.
- After confirmation the service will be enabled by the Network Operation Centre and a confirmation email will be sent to the user.
- The registered users will be able to login to the VPN service by using their LAN username and password (Active Directory Account).
- Download Request Form. (Print in Landscape)
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidelines for Remote Access IPSec or PPTP Virtual Private Network (VPN) connections to the COMSATS campus network.
This policy applies to all those CIIT Lahore employees who are utilizing VPNs to access the CIIT Lahore network. The VPN user will also be subject to the conditions and performance constraints of their chosen ISP.
Any User found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action.